38 skis resorts spread out between the sea and the ocean
From the Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean Sea, the Pyrenees mountain range offers a wide ski area for guaranteed thrills. With 38 resorts dedicated to skiing and other snow-related winter sports, the Pyrenees mountain range is the second most popular French destination for winter sports. From Grand Tourmalet - Pic du Midi, the largest resort of the French Pyrenees, to Camurac, a family resort in the Aude area, including Saint-Lary, Luchon-Superbagnères, Cauterets, Ax-3 Domaines, Font Romeu, The Angles, Porté-Puymorens... the Pyrenees are there for you to whiz down its slopes!
As far as skiing and other winter sports are concerned, the 38 Pyrenean ski resorts have something for everyone, from beginner to advance skiers, from the youngest to the oldest, from speed fans to snowboarders, from cross country ski lovers to snowshoeing amateurs.
The Pyrenean ski resorts are constantly adapting their offers in order to satisfy every snow lover enthusiasts.
They include :
- 11 ski resorts in the Hautes-Pyrénées department,
- 9 in Ariège,
- 8 in Pyrénées-Orientales,
- 6 in Pyrénées Atlantiques,
- 3 in Haute-Garonne and 1 in Aude, the small family resort of Camurac.
- There are also 15 Nordic Ski areas,
- 15 spa and well-being centres,
- some areas specially dedicated to snowboarders in 19 resorts,
- some snow stadiums to enjoy all snow related activities,
- and some naturally preserved itineraries through the mountains for the practise of snowshoeing.
But above all they offer snow sure resorts and a high quality welcome in human size resorts, which, for more than a century for some, have always wanted to offer warmth and friendliness to their visitors.
Some state-of-the-art equipment,
many snow making machines
and about 350 mountain guides
are also here to make sure
every snow lover will have a great time.